“Now known as the Laird-Dunlop Coach House, the five-bedroom, eight-bathroom home is one of the most prominent properties in Georgetown. In 1915, the home was bought by Abraham Lincoln’s son, Robert Todd Lincoln, who served as Secretary of War and as Ambassador to the United Kingdom. Mr. Lincoln lived there until his death in 1926. The wide, two-story structure—unusual in a neighborhood of narrow row houses rife with steep stairs –has a grand ballroom with 14-foot ceilings and a wall of French doors that open onto a large garden. In the backyard, steps from the pool, stands a weathered pillar that’s one of the four cornerstones that bound Georgetown when it was formed in 1751.”
The buyer, who was represented by Kimberly Casey, couldn’t be identified. Private equity executive Rick Rickertsen was the owner of the Georgetown home.